New Years thoughts...
Now is all we have as the old year slips away. The final hours of the old year where we try to cram in as much enjoyment, eating, drinking and having fun before the inevitability of the new year arrives. Now is indeed all we have of the old year, and aren't we suddenly acutely aware of it... and how fast those final hours pass. It seems to me only a matter of minutes since the last year arrived and yet here we are again saying goodbye to the new one and hello to the next.
So much has happened in the last year it seems like 2 years since Feb 2015 and yet at the same time it has passed in a blink of an eye. To scribe all the highlights of 2015 would take a book to be honest but some of my biggest lessons have been learnt is this past year.
- Learned how amazing people are and tried very hard to understand that, everyone is important, everyone is equal, and everyone is on their own journey... do not judge. I'm no where near perfect but I know the destination and I am work-in-progress
- Learned what it means to have patience, be kind, be gracious, see good in everyone, everything... gratitude (my favourite thing). When I meet people now I expect them to be amazing, and they are. Many of them have forgotten this themselves though. I enjoy reminding them!
- Re-enforced the understanding of no one is 100% right and no one is 100% wrong we all see things from our own perspective, upbringing, education, work, people we know, experiences... don't hang on to your view blindly... there is always fine tuning options from the input of others
- Re-enforced my belief that life is here to live, experience, enjoy, be happy... this isn't about money it is about people, relationships and taking responsibility for our lives. Enough money will come...
- The more we give to others the more we receive from others... the more I share my experiences and knowledge with others... the more they teach me about how I can be better than I was yesterday. All we have to be is open to receive the learnings... they are around us all every hour of every day. Open mindedness has moved on to a much higher level.
- To share and learn we need connections and conversations... this is free... lets meet other people. This is the primary purpose of Link4Growth and we can all benefit from this... come join us
- "Now is all we have..." reflect on what has happened, yes, plan by all means... but expect your prediction of the future to be inaccurate, the universe might have other ideas... nothing wrong with this, there is always a reason we get what we got... our task is to understand it, learn from it and improve...
The importance of "now" is exacerbated at the end of the year, but none of us knows when those seemingly inexhaustible supplies of 24 hours is going to come to an end. Tomorrow might never come... today's supply might be all there is. Some creatures live their entire lives in hours, days, weeks or months. We have years, but are we squandering those years doing things that don't really float our boat, with people that we'd rather not be around?
Have an amazing 2016!
Post a Comment